Writing an ABD takes an extended period. In most cases, writing work will take 3-4 years. It should take into account from 2 to 3 years to write articles and participate in conferences. Therefore, it is essential to draw up an individual work plan for a future dissertation, coordinating the time of writing each section with its supervisor.
The structure of classic research work involves the following elements:
- The title page with the title of the doctoral dissertation.
- Table of contents.
- Annotation which reveals the purpose and content of the thesis.
- The introduction is the rationale for why this study is relevant.
- The main chapters are the stages of consideration of the subject studied, starting with the formulation of the problem and its phased implementation and ending with practical benefits from the implementation of the idea.
- The conclusion is possible results and benefits from the implementation of the idea.
When working on an ABD, such sections as abstract, introduction, and conclusion should be written with maximum attention. They will be read first. Only then go to the central part.
At the final stage of work, it is necessary to write an abstract — this is an abbreviated version of the work for a doctoral degree. On average, it takes about 40 printed sheets, and has the following structure:
- Introduction – briefly describes the importance and relevance of the study.
- The central part is the content of the results in a compressed form.
- Conclusion – abbreviated version of the dissertation chapter.
- Bibliography – a list of used literature.
- The list of works published during the time spent in doctoral studies and before it.
On the final page of the abstract are placed:
- surname, name, patronymic, and signature of the applicant;
- information about the supervisor and official opponents;
- indicate the place where the dissertation was prepared;
- The name of the lead organization is printed.
Before you write a doctoral work, a plan must be drawn up corresponding to the structure described above. The layout of the main part is individual for each candidate or doctoral work. The more detailed the plan, the easier it will be to write each of its chapters.